Saturday, June 23, 2012

This Ones For The Girls!!!!

So today I wanted to share some of my makeup tips for all you ladies out there! From Ancient Egypt to Modern day times...women have long been using makeup to improve our looks.













Many of us girls don't like to spend alot on makeup because it's something we use daily and can get costly to have good quality makeup when we use it up so quickly! I was this way and always bought the grocery store/ pharmacy makeup....everything from powders to mascara. 

Not that i'm hating on grocery store makeup, some mascara's, foundations and powders are great products for the price however after using them daily, you often find you're constantly needing to switch up the brand because it's not working the same as when you first got it. 

One day last year I was getting tired of how my makeup was looking. I didn't like how my foundation felt on my face... my mascara was getting clumpy or dried out easily. I was trying to figure out how celebrities always look so good and put together all the time, when I realized one major thing was they invested in good makeup! Now, we can't all be affording 100's of dollars in makeup but with great stores like Sephora and Macy's....finding some great makeup that you can collect over time can really make you feel and look your best! 

So... I'm gunna go through all my current favorite makeup products that I've been collecting over the past year so you too can try some of them out! I got my makeup from Macy's and Sephora but am including Amazon links to all the makeup for an even better price than in stores!

The Must Have Foundation



This Smashbox Foundation is absolutely AHHMAZINGGG!!!!!
The key to making your makeup look great is with a really great base foundation! What I love about this foundation is it lasts all day...covers up any facial blemishes or imperfections with a light airy feel...and actually has helped my skin improve!
Tip : I have the lightest color and when applied it might look too light for you but this product has a yellow base, so unless your skin tone is more yellowish than stay with the lighter color and use a good powder to match your actual skin color.

My Favorite Powder 



I love this powder! It has a nice application and doesn't feel heavy on the face. It perfectly complements the Smashbox Studio skin foundation.  I have the medium tone which helps darken my skin color after applying the foundation.
Little Italian Women Baked Bronzer




This bronzer from Urban Decay is literally baked in Italy by Italian grandmothers...perhaps even a relative of mine! Lol. ! I have had this for almost a year and am not even close to being done. I use this for my cheeks and highlight areas on my face. It has a great bronzed color with a luminescent sheen to it. The color is called Baked!




Every-Day Eyeshadow Essential




Every girl out there should have the Urban Decay Naked Palette in their makeup collection! It's a little bit of a high price but for what your getting and usage you will get out of it, the purchase should be a no brainer! It is simply one of the greatest makeup purchases I have made. So far I have had it for a year and still have tons of usage left on it. It has great colors for the everyday eyeshadow look as well as a darker color palette for the evening looks! It includes 12 eyeshadow colors, an application brush and includes a small bottle of the greatest eyeshadow primer!!! The great thing about this palette is if your clueless like I used to be, about how to apply makeup and eyeshadow, there are great youtube tutorials teaching you how to apply different eyeshadow looks using your Naked Palette colors.

Mascara + Primer




Amazon didn't have a good link so I'll include a link straight to Sephora for this one. This Urban Decay Eyelash Primer Potion is great for making your eyelashes longer and thicker. Never making your eyelashes too clumpy it gives just the right amount of extra volume without making you apply fake eyelashes. Selling right now for $20 bucks... Heres the link!!


http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1187673&productId=P244903&keyword=urban%20decay%20eyelash%20primer&_requestid=40838 






Now, this is an amazing Mascara. I have been known to go through dozens of mascaras a year, However I have had this mascara last me almost a year and I still haven't needed to buy a new one. I love the color of this and that it never...ever goes on looking clumpy or flakey after it dries.

Eyeliner





Excellent Creamy eyeliner pencil in an array of different colors! This is great because it goes on smoothly, lasts long and is waterproof. Runs for $19.00.


5 Brush Essentials


Now for brushes I don't own a lot of the expensive brushes from MAC or other companies. However I will tell you the types of brushes I use that, if you collect just these few...will go a long way in your makeup collection. The brushes shown are either Vincent Longo brand or Avon- Mark collection brushes.


Avon- Mark Powder Brush

Avon- Mark Blending Brush 


Avon- Mark Bronzer Brush

Avon- Mark Eyeshadow Brush

Vincent Longo Foundation Brush


Sorry for the long post, but I hope you all found this helpful and now know some great makeup products to go get!!!

~ Create. Inspire. Live ~


No comments:

Post a Comment